The upcoming Regular Municipal Election will be held on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 and will use a safe and secure Vote-By-Mail system. There will be no traditional in-person voting on Election Day (April 6).
The last day to register to vote or update voter registration is Sunday, March 7, 2021. Make sure your address information in the voter registration database is current by reviewing your registration information at myvoterinformation.alaska.gov. If you need to register to vote or update your voter registration information visit voterregistration.alaska.gov.
Ballots packages will be mailed to voters at your registered voting address or requested temporary address. Ballot packages will be mailed to all qualified voters 21 days before the election (March 15, 2021). If you need to request a temporary address change, your request must be received by the Municipal Clerk’s Office by 5PM on March 30, 2021.
Ballots must be filled out and returned with the voter declaration signed. Ballots can be returned via mail postmarked on or before Election Day (April 6, 2021) or dropped at a secure drop box location by 8PM
Key Dates for Anchorage Municipal Election
March 7, 2021: Voter registration and address registration deadline
March 15, 2021: Ballot packages sent to voters registered address
March 16, 2021: Secure drop boxes will be open for ballot returns
March 30, 2021: Deadline to request a ballot sent to temporary address
March 30, 2021: Deadline to request a ballot via email or fax
April 6, 2021: Ballots must be returned via mail, dropped at a ballot drop box or returned by fax/emailBy mail: Postmarked by April 6, 2021 and received by April 16th at noon. If mailing the day before, or on Election Day, ask a postal official to hand-cancel/ hand-stamp the envelope with a postmark.
By mail: Postmarked by April 6, 2021 and received by April 16th at noon. If mailing the day before, or on Election Day, ask a postal official to hand-cancel/ hand-stamp the envelope with a postmark.
At a ballot drop box by April 6, 2021 by 8PM
Via email or fax: must be received by Municipality of Anchorage by April 6, 2021 at 8PM
Helpful Links & Community Resources
- Native Peoples Action Election Center
- Municipality April 6th Election Homepage
- My Neighborhood Election and Government Maps
- Find Your Assembly District Map
- Alaska State Division of Elections Website
- Municipal Elections Calendar 2021
- Notice of Vacancies for the 2021 Election
- Voting is as easy at 1-2-3
- Vote From Home Video Tutorial
- Check Voter Registration
- Register to vote or update voter information
- Anchorage Municipal Election Center tours available
NPA Election Center
The NPA Election Center resource is now live. Visit www.nativepeoplesaction.org, enter your address into the Election Center tool form and have access to your own personal Election Center. Here you can take a pledge to vote, research your ballot, check your voter registration and find information on how to vote all in one place.
Register To Vote
The registration and updating your voter registration address deadline is Sunday, March 7, 2021.
– Review your voter registration info: myvoterinformation.alaska.gov/
– Check your voter registration or register to vote: https://voterregistration.alaska.gov/
Here are other ways to register to vote:
Print and fill out the State of Alaska Voter Registration form
Mail it to: State of Alaska, Division of Elections, 2525 Gambell Street, Suite 100, Anchorage, Alaska 99503
Voter registration forms are available and ready for you to submit in-person at the following locations:
- Office of the Municipal Clerk
632 W. 6th Avenue, Suite 250
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
(907) 343 – 4311
- State of Alaska, Division of Elections
2525 Gambell Street, Suite 100
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
(907) 522 – 8683
- Anchorage Municipal Libraries, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, except holidays
- Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles Offices – You may complete a voter registration form when you apply for or renew your State of Alaska Driver’s License or I.D
Requesting Temporary Address
Voters can request to receive ballots at a temporary address by mail, email or fax. Applications must be received by the Municipal Clerk’s Office by 5PM on March 30, 2021. Application to vote at a temporary address
Temporary address applications can be sent to the Municipal Clerk’s Office:
MOA Elections, ATTN Temporary Address Team
PO Box 196659, Anchorage, Alaska 99519
Where To Vote
Ballots will be mailed to voters at their registered or requested address. There are four ways to return your ballot: at a ballot drop box, by mail, by email or by fax. Submit an application if you would like to vote via email or fax by March 30, 2021.
Drop your ballot at a secure ballot drop box location:
- Anchorage School District Education Center – 5530 East Northern Lights Boulevard
- Bartlett High School – 1101 Golden Bear Drive
- Begich Middle School – 7440 Creekside Center Drive
- City Hall – 632 West 6th Avenue, Parking Lot
- Clark Middle School – 150 Bragaw Street
- Dimond High School – 2909 West 88th Avenue
- Eagle River Town Center – 12001 Business Boulevard (in Eagle River)
- Election Center – 619 East Ship Creek Avenue
- Fairview Community Recreation Center – 1121 East 10th Avenue
- Girdwood Community Center – 250 Egloff Drive (in Girdwood)
- Loussac Library – 3600 Denali Street
- O’Malley’s on the Green – 3651 O’Malley Road
- New! Planning and Development Center (MOA Permit Center) – 4700 Elmore Road
- Service High School – 5577 Abbott Road
- South Anchorage High School – 13400 Elmore Road
- Spenard Community Recreation Center – 2020 West 48th Avenue
- UAA Alaska Airlines Center – 3550 Providence Drive
- West Anchorage High School – 1700 Hillcrest Drive
Return your ballot by USPS mail:
- Ballot must be postmarked no later than Election Day, April 6, 2021, and received by noon April 16, 2021. If mailing the day before, or on Election Day, ask a postal official to hand-cancel/ hand-stamp the envelope with a postmark.
- Ballots sent to registered/requested addresses will arrive with a pre-addressed return envelope to the Municipal Clerk’s Office
What Is On Your Ballot
On your ballot you will find (1) Mayoral Candidate race, (2) School Board seats, (3) Service Area Board of Supervisors seats, and (4) Ballot Propositions. The Anchorage Municipality released the sample ballot maps for each voting district. Download a sample ballot to see exactly what will be on your ballot.
2021 Anchorage Muni Election Toolkit
Created by Native Peoples Action Community Fund
How To Use Toolkit
This toolkit is open for use and distribution. Use this toolkit to increase voter turnout in the Anchorage Municipality! Copy and paste the verbiage in this toolkit across your respective email, digital or print platforms. Graphics are formatted and ready to upload to social media or print/digital email communication.
Click any of the below images to download and post onto your social media, include in your newsletters, or send to family and friends! Right click and select “save as image” to download to your desktop. To save on mobile, hold down on the image and click save.